Monday, December 3, 2012

Best 3 "first" expressionist drawings

I do remember being told to hand in our top 3 of this style. One man...various techniques.
Also, I would also like to add that I'm glad I did this in charcoal and not pencil it just has a much more dynamic effect than pencil ever could. Sadly, because i'm not familiar with the medium there is minor smudging on all of them. 


technique used - hard THICK strokes



medium to long strokes

Its amazing how the change of stroke could immediately make the character look much more caring and warm.


I love this the best although this picture does not give it justice.
I love that it almost has a graffiti quality to it.
I used 3 "long potatoes" to create a more unified look.
(with flash)


without flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment